Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cashew Cream

Cashew cream is great for all sorts of things -- to use as "cheese", to make truffles, sauces, and especially whipped topping. I made this cashew cream to eat with some fresh strawberries that we recently bought (as seen here). I ended up also tossing it on top of my key lime pies. You could also just eat with your fingers, like I also did.


Ingredients:
1 c. raw cashews, soaked overnight
1/4 c. water
1 tbsp. raw agave
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract

Instructions:
- Put everything into your food processor and let run until it becomes a creamy and fluffy consistency. You'll need to let it go for a few minutes so be patient! I, however, wasn't very patient and left mine a little grainy. It was still delicious that way, though. If you want it less thick, add in a little more water.
- Pop into the refrigerator for a few minutes and then enjoy!





Mmm... this stuff is just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment