Monday, January 24, 2011

Sausage Biscuit Sandwiches

Michael was able to snag some random vegan cookbook from his credit card points before he closed his account, which is awesome because it has this recipe for "cheesy" biscuits that I knew I just had to make.

Ingredients:
makes 6 biscuits

2 c. unbleached all-purpose flour (I ran out, though, and had to use about 1/2 c. whole wheat flour)
1/4 c. nutritional yeast
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
2 tbsp. melted margarine (I used Earth Balance)
2 tbsp. miso
3/4 c. milk alternative (I used almond)

Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder, salt, and garlic.
- In a small bowl whisk melted margarine and miso. Add milk and whisk until miso is broken up.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.

- You can use a biscuit cutter or a round cookie cutter to form 6 biscuits, but since I had neither I just sort of rolled and slightly flattened 1/2 c. size blobs of dough and placed on cookie sheet.

- Bake for 18 minutes or until slightly golden in color.
(Mine look like rolls. Trust me, they tasted like biscuits)

- Cut in half and serve with some GimmeLean vegan sausage and Daiya cheese.


GAHH SOO GOOD! I am so happy that I made these. Not only did the biscuits turn out amazingly, but it also curbed this vegan sausage craving that I've been having for a while. I can't stress enough how good these were with the sausage. I was thinking of topping them with grilled peppers or something but I didn't have any on hand. Anyway, I can't wait to have some free time to make these these again! Oops, I just realized I have leftover pizza in the oven. I better go get that out before it burns...

No comments:

Post a Comment