Saturday, June 25, 2011

Chocolate-Tahini-Banana "Milk" Shake

I have decided to cut out sweets for a while (with the exception of travel) -- I am still eating natural fruit products (like fruit leathers and such), drinking 100% fruit juice, making raw desserts, and of course eating fresh fruit to satisfy my sweet tooth. I am trying HARD not to consume so much flour and refined sugar. All of those baked goods on top of fruit is really making my body unhappy. Therefore, I am finding all sorts of new ways to keep that little bit of sweetness in my life. The other night I made Michael and I shakes, and they sure turned out yummy. This recipe yields 2 servings.

Ingredients:
2 frozen bananas, peeled
1/4 c. tahini
3 heaping tbsp. cocoa powder
almond milk

Instructions:
- You know the drill... toss everything into the food processor, let run for a few minutes until it turns into a soft serve-like consistency, add almond milk until you've reached a desired consistency, drink/eat with spoons.




I want more of this right now. It had such a smooth consistency and nutty flavor, but not too nutty to overpower the banana and cocoa. I pretty much gulped up the whole thing quickly and then had to watch Michael slowly enjoy his while I wanted more. Why do I do that to myself?

I just made us a couple of individual-sized raw key lime pies. They were OH SO GOOD! Recipe to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment