Friday, May 27, 2011

Oatmeal Bread

I wish I didn't love bread so much. Eating bread has endless possibilities -- use as mini pizza dough, sandwiches, buns for veggie burgers, toast, grind to use as bread crumbs, dip in hummus, etc. Ever since I got a bread maker I hardly ever buy bread. I know I don't really make bread since I use a bread maker, but it is still satisfying to cut into and eat a freshly baked loaf.


Bread is the one thing I really have a hard time making up myself. I haven't figured out the right amount of flour, yeast, sugar, salt, and oil to make up my own recipe, but I am sure I'll do it one day. I found this recipe on Vegweb and, with some of the commenters suggestions, tweaked it just a tiny bit. The changes I made are in regards to the water and flour --  1 c. + 2 tbsp. warm water and 2 c. whole wheat flour mixed with 1 tbsp. vital wheat gluten. 


I think the end result turned out quite nice!


Luckily my bread maker makes small loaves so I don't feel compelled to eat a lot! Because, you know, if there's food here I might as well eat it and eat it quickly...

No comments:

Post a Comment