Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Vegetable Medley w/Tofu

Hello! So sorry for the hiatus -- I moved to San Diego from Ohio, so that took a long time. It also took a while to find an apartment and THEN it took even longer to find where to shop and when/where the farmer's markets are! Whew! I am finally back and cooking again.

I wanted to make a scrambled tofu last night but I ended up just pulling out and cutting up so many veggies that it ended up being more of a vegetable medley with tofu rather than scrambled tofu.

Ingredients:
2 small potatoes
1/2 block of firm tofu, pressed
1 regular sized carrot
1/2 green pepper
1/2 zucchini
1/2 red onion
basil
thyme
rosemary
parsley
salt
olive oil

Instructions:
- Heat up a little bit of olive oil in a skillet on medium high while cutting up the potatoes. I like to cut mine fairly small. Once you're done chopping, toss them into the skillet. Make sure to keep an eye on them and stir occasionally.
- While the potatoes are cooking, chop up the rest of your veggies. Here are mine!

- When your potatoes are almost to your liking (I like mine really dark and fairly crunchy), add in the tofu, veggies, herbs, and salt. For the tofu, it's easiest to break off pieces of the tofu and sort of crumble them into the mix.

-Mix and saute these for a bit until your vegetables are just cooked and your tofu is browned a bit.

- Now you are ready to eat!

This tasted way better than I expected. I'm glad I didn't add any spices like I usually do because this tasted very fresh and delicious (thank you, farmer's markets!). Unfortunately both Michael and I ate this whole thing right up so we weren't able to save any for leftovers.

Now I am off to hunt for even MORE food and also some hangers. Both are unrelated but both are much needed...

No comments:

Post a Comment