Sunday, August 15, 2010

Snickerdoodles

Just a warning... my pictures will be taken on my phone because I am having camera problems. Unfortunately, the quality won't be as good as the other posts. I didn't want to post picture-less posts because who likes recipes without a picture?

Anyway, my family is throwing me a goodbye party tomorrow since I am moving. Of course, I thought I had to bake something for it. I decided on snickerdoodles because I made them before without oil and without white sugar. However, I kept the oil and sugar in these for a different texture than what I had before. Of course, I also don't care if I am eating so crappy because I am moving and all that, ha.

This is a doubled recipe than what I used before as well, but I wanted to make sure I made enough cookies for everyone. This recipe makes like 32 big cookies or 48 smaller ones. Also, I sort of guessed my measurements for the spices. Just keep tasting the dough and add more to your own liking.

Ingredients:
4 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
4 tbsp. baking powder
1 c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar (I used light)
3 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. nutmeg
3 tsp. ginger
2 tsp. salt
1 c. oil (I used canola)
2 tbsp. vanilla
1/2 c. milk alternative (I used soy)

Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Add liquid ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Slowly add and mix the liquid into the dry until it's all well incorporated.
- Roll about 1-2 tbsp. of dough and drop onto a greased cookie sheet. Press down on balls of dough to flatten slightly.
- Bake 10-12 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Eat these immediately after cooling because they are mmm mmm good!!

I made bigger cookies but feel free to make yours smaller. Make a small first batch so you can see how they bake and all that.

I am so glad I made these! They were one of the easiest cookies I have ever made and they are just absolutely delicious. I love recipes with spices like these because you can just add whatever you want in the quantities you want.


Now I am off to finish my bowl of pasta with homemade pesto made by my dad. Such a good day for food today!


No comments:

Post a Comment