Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Chocolate Almond Cupcakes


I made these cupcakes the other day. It was one of my coworkers last day at work and a friend moved in next door. What a bittersweet day! I decided to make cupcakes for both of them. I used the above recipe for the cupcakes and sort of winged the icing. I used that icing recipe as a base but added things as I saw fit (I like to taste and add accordingly). I also used half shortening and half margarine for a stiffer icing. Mmm.

These cupcakes were perfectly moist with just a hint of almond behind the chocolate flavor. I think that the almond icing complimented them perfectly. I recommend not topping these with a bunch of icing because they're rich enough as is. I just spread a tablespoon or so on top of each.


I love cupcakes, especially when there's chocolate and almond involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment