Monday, June 18, 2012

Cinnamon Swirl Cheesecake


Happy 25th Birthday to me! To celebrate, I made myself a cheesecake. Luckily Michael doesn't like cheesecake so I got to eat almost this whole thing by myself. My Birthday is the only time I allow myself to eat a whole cake. Awesome.

I used Hannah's recipe since I love her desserts so much. I omitted the chocolate chips which I sort of regret doing. I think that messed with the consistency of the crust -- it sort of caramelized on the bottom. The crust tasted delicious but it was very hard to cut and bite through. Oh well, at least the cheesecake itself was amazing. I also measured out 1/2 cup of the batter and mixed in 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. I swirled this cinnamon mixture on the top of the cheesecake. Feel free to add a little bit of this cinnamon mixture in layers throughout your batter for a more swirled effect throughout the whole cake.




So excited about this cheesecake...


Ok, ok, back to the swirl.




Ooooh this cheesecake was so good. Next time, though, I think I'll stick with a graham cracker crust. Even though I screwed up the crust, I recommend making this. Hannah makes some awesome desserts and, in my opinion, this one tops the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment