Sunday, March 11, 2012

French Toast


I miss the days of going out to eat and getting a delicious batch of french toast. Not many places around where we live have vegan breakfast so I tend to make my own. I normally make waffles or scrambled tofu but decided to venture out and make some french toast! This recipe makes around 8 slices, depending on how thick your slices of bread is. I used some cinnamon apple bread that we got from a local health foods store and the slices were pretty thin.

Ingredients:
1 banana
1/4 c. tahini
1 c. almond milk
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. oil

Instructions:
- Blend all of your ingredients until it is a thick and smooth consistency. I used my food processor but you can use a hand blender or even a fork. Just make sure to get your banana completely mashed up.
- Dip each slice of bread into your batter and cook on a greased pan on medium-high heat.
- Flip each slice after a few minutes. Your bread should be nice and browned.


- Serve with maple syrup, powdered sugar, jam, or whatever topping you prefer.



Best vegan french toast ever. That's all I can say about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment