Thursday, October 27, 2011

Raw Chocolate Pudding Pie

Chocolate pudding pie is one of my favorite desserts. However, since I am not eating sweets except during the holidays right now, I had to find a way around this. What about avocados? They're creamy and mild in flavor and would surely work. I knew I had to try this out.


Ingredients...
For crust:
1 c. almonds, soaked 1 hour
3/4 c. pecans
1/2 c. raisins
1 tbsp. water
dash cinnamon
flaxseed meal

For filling:
4 ripe avocados
1 ripe banana
1/2 c. coconut oil, liquified
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1/4 c. raw agave (or more, if you prefer a sweeter pie. Also, feel free to use a different sweetener if you wish)
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. pure almond extract

Instructions:
- Using your food processor, blend all crust ingredients until it becomes a sticky cohesive ball.
- Sprinkle flaxseed meal into a pie pan to keep crust from sticking.
- Spread out pie crust into your pie pan, making sure to push up the sides. I find that using wet hands makes this job a bit easier.
- Pop crust into freezer while you prepare your filling.


- Place all filling ingredients into your food processor and let run until it becomes very creamy. This will take a few minutes. Taste and adjust sweetener as you blend.


- Spread your pie filling into your prepared crust.


- Freeze for 30 minutes and then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.


- Top with cashew cream if you'd like.


I can't even begin to describe what I feel for this dessert. It is so rich, creamy, and silky smooth -- just as a chocolate pudding pie should be. If you don't have access to coconut oil or would prefer not to use it, I recommend adding another avocado or banana and serving it up as just plain ol' pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment