Saturday, August 20, 2011

Raw Peanut Butter "Cheesecake"

I don't think I can stress enough how much I love raw desserts. I especially love raw "cheesecakes" and I knew I wanted to incorporate peanut butter somehow. The peanut butter I used is made with roasted peanuts, thus making it technically not a raw "cheesecake". If you want, use raw peanut butter!


Crust Ingredients:
(I wrote this down somewhere but I can't find it. These measurements are guesses)
1 c. almond meal
1/2 c. pecans
1/2 c. dates
2 tbsp. water

Crust Instructions:
- Put all your ingredients into your food processor and let run into mixture is sticky and blended.
- Using your fingertips, press into a pie pan.
- Freeze while you prepare your pie mixture.


Cheesecake Ingredients:
3 c. soaked raw cashews (I let mine soak for 2 hours)
1/2 c. pitted dates
1/2 c. fresh squeezed lemon juice
3/4 c. raw agave nectar
3/4 c. coconut oil, liquified
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. pure almond extract
1/4-1/2 c. natural peanut butter, slightly melted (I did this by placing a measuring cup of peanut butter in a bowl of hot water)


Cheesecake instructions:
- Blend all ingredients except peanut butter in your food processor. Occasionally stop it to wipe the sides down and continue to let it run for 5 minutes or until completely blended and smooth. Make sure your dates aren't too chunky!


- Smooth into your prepared crust.
- Freeze for 10 minutes while your peanut butter softens a bit.


- Spoon your peanut butter onto your cheesecake and sort of cut into it using a knife.


- I tried to get a swirling effect.


- Freeze for 30 minutes and then transfer to your refrigerator. Leave chilled for at least 30 minutes or until ready to eat.



I love that I put that peanut butter in last. Sometimes there would be bites with a lot of peanut butter flavor and others that weren't so overpowering in flavor. That gave it a nice flavor -- finding the surprise bites of peanut butter was fun and delicious! I also want to mention that this was GOOD. Ok, it was better than good. Seriously. I ate almost the whole thing by myself in the course of a week. I am not ashamed of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment