Friday, May 27, 2011

My Delicious Day: Coconut Edition

I bring you all another "My Delicious Day" post! This is a coconut edition because I put coconut in almost everything! We recently got a fresh coconut and I just can't stay away from it. However, I have been feeling under the weather all day so I didn't eat very much. I did quite a bit of cooking, though. Well, at least more than I usually do when I am sick.

For breakfast I made myself earl grey tea oats. I steeped 2 tea bags in half water half almond milk and cooked my oats in that. I stirred in 1 tbsp. shredded coconut, 1 tbsp. almond meal, 1 tbsp. flaxseed meal, and 1/4 c. blueberries. This was delicious and definitely woke me up. I love earl grey tea! (While I ate these delicious oats, I updated my blog and posted some bread I made a couple of weeks ago. Check it out in the post under this one.)



In the later morning, I whipped up some carrot cake date bars. I wanted to make these so I could throw them into my lunches in the coming days. Recipe to come!


For a snack in the later morning, I had a very small bowl of soy yogurt with a bit of blackstrap molasses mixed in. I love this combination. The blackstrap molasses almost gives it a caramel flavor!


By lunchtime I was feeling pretty sick. I didn't feel like cooking myself anything so I heated up one of these Trader Joe's burritos.


These burritos are some of my favorite. We keep them on hand at all times. I usually eat one after a long day of work.


I spent the next hours contemplating on whether or not I should eat more. I have an issue with not eating when I am sick. To distract myself, I did a bit of work on my blog. I added my Amazon wish list (yay!) as well as some advertisements. I hope this doesn't distract anyone from my food!

Michael came home from work and since he wasn't really hungry for dinner I decided to make a banana-peanut butter-almond "milk" shake. Ahh this is so good! We pretty much chugged it down.


I knew all day what I was going to make for dinner -- coconut curry. This curry, however, has a bit of a twist to it. I'll be posting the recipe soon!


I am ending my night with much needed rest and relaxation. I hope I feel better tomorrow since I have to be at work at 4:30 am! We were going to go surfing today but I obviously wasn't feeling up to it. I haven't been surfing since I fractured my toe the last time so I am anxious to get out there. Maybe tomorrow? 

I hope you all had a fantastic Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment