Thursday, May 5, 2011

Chocolate-Peanut Butter-Banana "Milk" Shake

I was craving a milkshake a couple weeks ago. After having an amazing Reese's Pieces shake from Evolution, I knew I had to have another shake. I didn't have any ice cream (which is probably a good thing) so I improvised! This recipe serves enough for two people.

Ingredients:
2 frozen bananas, peeled
1/2 c. natural peanut butter (I think this is how much I put in...)
4 tbsp. cocoa powder
almond milk
dash of cinnamon

Instructions:
- Using your food processor, blend your bananas until they are a soft serve like consistency. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Dump the rest of your ingredients into your mixing bowl and use your hand mixer to mix away!



- I don't have a measurement for the almond milk because I just kept adding until it seemed right. Some people like their shakes thick or thin so just gradually add this in until you are happy.
- Keep mixing with your hand mixer until it is a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Pour into glasses and serve!


Um, I just want to tell you that this was DELICIOUS. I was amazed at the consistency as well as the taste. I wasn't expecting much since I didn't have ice cream. I recommend... no... I am ordering you to go make this right now. You won't be sorry!

P.S. I actually made this again today using just my food processor for all of the steps above. It seemed to work ok except for the fact that the liquids seeped out a little. I definitely recommend using a hand mixer if you have one!

No comments:

Post a Comment