Friday, November 12, 2010

Native Foods

I go out to eat quite frequently but only decide to post it here when I am really impressed. Michael and I took a trip to Universal Studios and decided on a random vegan restaurant in LA to eat at afterwards. So glad we chose Native Foods because it was SO good (check out their menu if you can. Doesn't all of it look scrumptious?!). I hope I don't work on the 25th so I can go to their vegan Thanksgiving. Ok I am rambling... now time for the food...

Our appetizer: Nuevo Native Nachos. Their homemade cashew "cheese" was amazing. I could eat that stuff on everything.


Michael's dish: Oklahoma Bacon Cheeseburger. Holy crap, his burger looked so good! I didn't try any because I had my own food to eat. I did, however, try the fried pickles. Neither of us were really a fan of those. Warm pickles kind of freak me out.


My dish: Portobello and Sausage Burger. This was the special that day so I was able to get french fries on the side for free. This burger was delicious but incredibly hard to eat. I had to take some of the portobellos off and eat with my fork. In any case, I am so glad I decided on this. It was so good that I ate too much of it and went home with my stomach hurting. Totally worth it.


Besides the food, we also loved the atmosphere there. Every person who worked there was super friendly and accommodating. They were all about animal rights, too, which is awesome. I felt great being able to support a place like that! I can't wait to go back. Thankfully LA is only about 2 hours away, so it won't be impossible to make a short trip there.

No comments:

Post a Comment