Friday, October 15, 2010

Peanut Ginger Soup

It's been pretty chilly here in San Diego, so I wanted to make something warm and filling. I've made this soup a few times but change a few ingredients here and there each time. Michael doesn't like ginger very much so I didn't put in too much this time. If anyone decides to make this, feel free to add in whatever veggies suit your needs!

Ingredients:
4 c. veggie stock
1 white onion
2 c. chopped broccoli
4 cloves garlic
1 small can of diced tomatoes
5 tbsp. natural chunky peanut butter
1/4 c. TVP
2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
3 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. cayenne

Instructions:
- Sauté onions, broccoli, and garlic in a bit of oil just until they're slightly cooked.

- Add in all ingredients, including sauteed veggies, into a large pot and stir. Simmer this for 20 - 30 minutes or so, making sure to stir every so often to break up the peanut butter.

- When it's heated and cooked to your liking, serve and enjoy!

This soup is definitely my favorite kind of soup to make. I love using chunky peanut butter in this -- it adds a nice crunch to the soup. Also, I always use tomatoes and broccoli in this every time I make it. I feel these are essential to the taste. I wanted to try adding some other vegetables but unfortunately I didn't have anything else on hand. Nonetheless, both Michael and I absolutely loved the soup. It's very easy to make and easy to store for leftovers (it still tastes good reheated after a few days). I hope other people make this soup because it is so tasty! Feel free to play around with the ingredients -- more or less peanut butter, ginger, garlic, etc. I love versatile recipes that taste delicious every time :)

2 comments:

  1. yuuuum. we are on a peanut kick at the moment so this sounds perfect. It's a pity it's pretty much summer here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely make it, then! Who cares about summer... soup is delicious anytime of the year :)

    ReplyDelete