Thursday, July 29, 2010

Chocolate Chip Spice Cookies


I've been in the mood to make cookies for some reason. I am so glad I made these because they were amazing! I adapted this recipe from a few others that I found and I think they turned out quite nicely.

Ingredients:
2 c. minus a few tablespoons all purpose flour
2/3 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
6 tbsp. cocoa powder (does anyone know how much of a cup this equals?)
2 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. allspice
a pinch of cayenne pepper
2/3 c. maple syrup (well, I used agave)
1/2 c. plus 2 tsp. canola oil
2/3 c. chocolate chips
soy milk (I honestly don't remember how much. Oops.)

Instructions:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix wet ingredients into a bowl and mix dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a larger bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet until it's all incorporated. Don't mix too much though! After this is done, fold chocolate chips into batter.
- Drop rounded tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet and bake 10-11 minutes. Don't over bake or these will get hard.
- Let cool for a minute and then place on cooling racks.
- Eat!

These were very interesting. They reminded me of Christmas for some reason but I'll eat them anytime of the year because they were so tasty! This would be good with some cloves added as well. Unfortunately I didn't have any on hand so maybe I'll add some next time. I loved the allspice and cayenne. They added a little extra kick to the flavor but didn't overpower the other spices. Also, this is a good recipe because you can change up the spices to suit your own tastes and needs.

I'm already looking forward to making them again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment