Friday, October 7, 2011

German Chocolate Cupcakes for Michael's Birthday!


Happy Birthday to the love of my life! Well, his birthday was yesterday. We are celebrating tomorrow with a day in LA -- an undecided museum, our favorite restaurant, and the LA Philharmonic! I can't wait.

Since I don't own cake pans, I made him cupcakes. German chocolate cake is his favorite, so I hunted down recipes and found this one. I thought that the recipe was good for 6 cupcakes so I doubled it. I guess I was wrong because it made a dozen plus one 9 x 5 cake. Oops! Anyway, these were SO DELICIOUS!!! Seriously, this recipe is awesome. I added in some instant coffee to the water, which was a nice addition. I also used almond milk instead of soy milk.


I hollowed out the cupcakes and filled them with some of the icing.



This also made a LOT of icing, so I really loaded up this bad boys with it. There's also some leftover in the fridge for Michael to eat with a spoon. Just a warning, though... this stuff is really rich and definitely unhealthy. It's a nice one in a while treat :)


Michael thanked me tremendously and also told me these are the best cupcakes I've ever made. Go make them! Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment