Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Time Grilling


When Michael and I moved into our new place, we discovered that the previous tenant left their huge charcoal grill. We immediately decided that it needed some major scrubbing and went to work. It took quite a long time, but we got it pretty darn clean compared to how it was left before we arrived. Once the grill was scrubbed clean, we got a bag of all-natural charcoal and I did lots of studying on how to actually use a charcoal grill. Lots of people have grilled for me but I have never actually grilled myself. I decided to marinate and grill some tofu and veggies for my first experiment on the grill. 


I made a simple marinade of water, olive oil, lemon juice, white vinegar, peanut butter, tahini, nutritional yeast, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and salt. I let my tofu marinate for a few hours before grilling.


I let the tofu and vegetables sit on the grill for a while. I like to eat tofu when it's pretty well done and charred, ha.


I served the grilled tofu, onions, and peppers with a harvest grains blend from Trader Joe's and drizzled it in some of the marinade. It was a DELICIOUS dinner and I absolutely can't wait to do some more grilling. I think next time I will try corn on the cob or a grilled pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment