Monday, August 15, 2011

Visiting Ohio, Part 2

I had a lot of great food on my trip. My mom, sister-in-law, and I went to VegiTerranean and shared one appetizer, 3 entrees, a side of fries, and 2 desserts (I always get the tiramisu when I am there). I could hardly move afterwards.


This lemon raspberry cake was one of the best cakes I've ever had. It had little spurts of fresh raspberries inside.


While we're on the topic of cake, let me show you a picture of Michael and I at our cake tasting appointment. Yeah, we tried vegan cakes for free. (Please excuse my dumb face)


We tried almond with ganache filling, pistachio with buttercream filling, white cake with lemon curd filling, and chocolate with raspberry filling. We decided on two different flavors (I'll give you a hint about one of them: there's a picture of it on this blog and it's not one we tried at the bakery, hehe).


Wow, so much cake! Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining by any means. I love me some cake!

My mom held a get together at her house just for the sole purpose that I was home. How nice of all my relatives to show up! She put together a huge [mostly] vegan dinner. There were fresh veggies and pita chips with hummus, potato chips, cow tails (for the kiddies. Obviously not vegan), Tofurky and Daiya wraps, stuffed cabbage, rice pilaf, a watermelon (that wasn't vegan -- had feta cheese sprinkled on top), fruit salad, and chips and salsa. I can't believe my mom prepared all of this while also helping me with LOTS of wedding planning. Whew!


The rice pilaf had veggie stock, dried cranberries, and pine nuts. This was ahhhhmazing!! The stuffed cabbage was incredibly filling and delicious and the wraps were nice and light. Luckily I was able to take a couple wraps on the plane with me :).


And to end my trip, here is Michael at the airport with a cashew butter and chocolate sandwich, provided by some gourmet pb&j place in the airport.


Now I am hungry...

No comments:

Post a Comment