Friday, June 17, 2011

Raw Cashew "Cheesecake"


You see that? That, my friends, is pure deliciousness. After much research on raw foods, I decided to make a raw "cheesecake". Since there is obviously no cheese in this pie, the only thing that makes it like a cheesecake is the texture. I was AMAZED at how this turned out!

Ingredients:


Crust:
2 c. raw almonds
1 c. pitted dates
3 tsp. raw agave nectar
coconut oil, for greasing

Filling:
3 c. soaked raw cashews (I let mine soak for 2 hours)
1/2 c. pitted dates
1/2 c. fresh squeezed lemon juice
3/4 c. raw agave nectar
3/4 c. coconut oil, liquified
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. pure almond extract
pinch salt

Instructions:
- To make your crust, place almonds, dates, and agave into your food processor and let run for a couple minutes. This should be crumbly.


- Grease a pie pan using a tiny bit of coconut oil and then press your crust mixture into your pie pan. You might have quite a bit left over like I did. You can save this to put in oatmeal! Yum.


- Pop your pie crust into your freezer while preparing your filling.
- To make your filling, toss all ingredients into your food processor and blend it all together! I made sure to process it for a few minutes to make sure the dates broke down quite a bit.



- Pour your thick filling into your crust.


- Freeze your "cheesecake" for an hour and then pop it into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.


- Slice this into small pieces because it is filling! Top with fresh fruit or eat it plain. I used my hand blender to crush up some blackberries, blueberries, and a squirt of agave.
- Keep your "cheesecake" stored in the refrigerator!


Um... please go make this right now. Seriously. Also try not to eat too much of it due to the coconut oil! I am glad it's pretty filling or else I'd go and eat the whole thing in one sitting. I also can't believe the texture. It is thick like cheesecake and has a delicious cashew-coconut-lemon flavor. I can't wait to try out some more raw desserts!

No comments:

Post a Comment