Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Chocolate Bread

I made this a while ago but I figured I'd post the recipe because it was delicious! I wanted to make cinnamon-chocolate chip bread but added the chips in too late so it just became chocolate bread. I used this recipe but substituted chocolate chips for the raisins. If anyone wants to try this recipe, don't add the chocolate chips in too early or they will melt, haha. I added them in with about 7 minutes left of the last kneading cycle. Yeah, way too early. They melted through, which still tasted delicious, but didn't give me the end result that I was expecting. Oh well.

Here's a picture of my chocolate bread! Don't mind the lines on the top -- those are from my cooling rack when I dumped the bread out of the bread pan to cool.


This was surprisingly very tasty without too strong of a chocolate flavor. This bread was super soft and amazing by itself or with some natural peanut butter. I think next time I try this I will add the chocolate chips with about 2 minutes of the last kneading cycle and see how that works.


No comments:

Post a Comment